RACS is being comprehensively assessed by the Australian Medical
Council and the Medical Council of New Zealand for accreditation to
deliver surgical training. The AMC team is assessing RACS SET and
continuing professional development programs.
Have your say
The AMC is interested in hearing from Supervisors, Clinical
Assessors, Trainees and IMGs about your
experiences of SET. Please participate to provide your
You will have received an email on 1st March inviting your
participation in the AMC survey.
Hospital and regional office site visits
The AMC has completed most regional and hospital site visits.
The team will visit Adelaide in May.
Schedule (PDF 207KB)
Monday 8 May
- Royal Adelaide Hospital: 10:15 AM - 2:30 PM
- South Australian Regional Office: 3:15 PM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9 May
- South Australian Regional Office: 8:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- RACS Annual Scientific Congress: 12:45 PM - 5:45 PM
Next AMC engagements
In May the AMC will observe the:
- Fellowship exam in Melbourne
- Fellowship exam in Wellington
In June the AMC will:
- Observe the Foundation Skills for surgical Educators course in
Melbourne on 2 June
- Observe the IMG interviews on 15 June
- Observe the RACSTA board meeting in Melbourne on 24 June
- Attend meetings at the RACS office with incoming office bearers
and present their draft report
by RACS Censor-in-Chief Mr John Batten (PDF 224KB) outlines the
This paper outlines Competency-based Medical
Education in the SET Program (PDF 75KB).
Accreditation Submission 2016 (PDF 5.5MB) details the RACS
submission to the AMC.
Request for Additional Information (PDF 165KB) details the
additional requirements for the AMC.
The AMC Accreditation 2017 Additional Information
(PDF 416KB) details RACS response to AMC request.
View the AMC website: AMC
Assessing specialist medical education and training for
more information on the AMC
The Briefing paper
regional hospital site visits (PDF 190KB) outlines the purpose
of the site vist and items for discussion.