The Investment Committee was established to manage the College
investments in a strategic and proactive manner. Its aim is to
provide for the management and administrative related activities
for the College investment portfolios.
The objectives of the committee are:
- ensure that all investment funds of the College are aggregated
for investment purposes.
- ensure investments are confined to listed securities on either
the Australian or major international stock exchange and fixed
interest investments. Fixed interest investments may include
deposits or bills with a major Australian or international bank or
commercial paper of at least A+ standard or Government
- monitor the performance of the external managers and to have
the authority to change the managers as they consider appropriate
and to change the quantum of funds allocated to particular
- recommend to Council the appropriate asset allocation mix of
investments to achieve the College objectives relating to
- provide to the Council or Executive Committee of Council
regular reports relating to all College investments and the
performance relevant to approved benchmarks.
- ensure that all transactions are reported to the next meeting
of Council or Executive for ratification.
Investment Committee Secretariat
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
College of Surgeons Gardens
250-290 Spring Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9249 1220
Fax: +61 3 9249 1219