RACS Complaints Hotline


Find a surgeon

The Find a Surgeon directory is a listing of active Fellows of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons who meet the requirements of the College's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program and have opted to be on the list. This list excludes retired or inactive Fellows.


Dealing with Discrimination, Bullying and Sexual Harassmentracs_complaints_user_guide_thumb

The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons has a zero tolerance policy concerning unreasonable behaviour from its Trainees, Fellows and International Medical Graduates (IMGs).

We expect all of our members to abide by the Code of Conduct (PDF 475KB), adhere to the Discrimination, Bullying and Sexual Harassment Policy and uphold the College's values.

About complaints

Our Complaints User Guide explains what RACS can do about complaints and how we do it:

Other resources explain more about unacceptable behaviour and RACS Complaints Policy:

RACS Complaints Hotline

The College has a formal process for lodgement of complaints in regards to discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment.

In Australia:

1800 892 491

In New Zealand:

0800 787 470



Making a complaint

RACS has a formal process for lodging complaints about misconduct including discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment.

If you would like to make a complaint please complete the:

If you would like to have a training assessment or decision reviewed please complete the:

If you need help to complete the form please contact the Manager Complaints Resolution on 1800 892 491 (Australia) or 0800 787 470 (New Zealand).

Once you have completed the form please sign it, scan and email to complaints@surgeons.org or alternately fax to +61 3 9276 7412 or post it to Manager Complaints Resolution, RACS 250 - 290 Spring Street East Melbourne VIC 3002 .


RACS encourages Fellows, Trainees and IMGs who feel affected by unacceptable behaviour in the workplace to seek support. The College has engaged Converge International to offer a confidential counselling service.  Visit the RACS Support Program for more details.

Other options for support include:

If RACS can't help...

External resolution options also include direct contact with relevant government bodies such as the Fairwork Commission in Australia, Human Rights Commission Australia, Human Rights Commission New Zealand.