Examination dates and locations
For information on the dates and locations of all
examinations please click on the following link to view
the dates in a PDF document. Please scroll through the pages to the
Examination Dates and
Locations 2019 (PDF 117KB)
This document contains the details of the following for each
- Registration opening date and time
- Registration closing date and time
- Examination date(s)
- Examination venue(s)
Key information to note
1) All written examinations will be held in the following venues
as standard unless otherwise stated.
- Australia: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane,
Adelaide and Perth
- New Zealand: Auckland and Wellington
3) Opening and closing times for all examination registrations
will be 12.00pm (noon) Melbourne time.
4) All GSSE, CE and early specialty examinations will have a
registration period of 4 weeks.
5) The GSSE is a mandatory requirement of the SET program.
Trainees intending to sit the GSSE in February or June are strongly
encouraged to apply as soon as registration opens to secure an
6) A registration outside the published timeframes will not be
7) Candidates may not request a change to their examination
venue after the close of registration.
8) Any region where there are less than 5 candidates will not
conduct an examination. In this circumstance, an Examinations
Department staff member will contact affected applicants prior to