Continuing Medical Education (CME) Approval
Approved activities attract CPD points.
The College can approve Continuing Medical Education (CME)
activities that represent a quality benchmark for Fellows of the
College and ensures that the content of an activity is relevant to
the learning needs of surgeons.
Fellow attendance contributes to meeting their annual Continuing
Professional Development (CPD) (PDF 834KB) requirements.
Activities with CME approval may include:
- Courses and Workshops - clinical and/or non-technical
Benefits of CME Approval
- Free course approval which includes support to
- Permission to market as 'having been approved in the College's
CPD program' to participants
- Use of the RACS CME Approved logo
- Promotion of activities on the Approved Education Events
listing in the RACS Portfolio
- Fellow attendance is auto populated to their CPD record
- The CME Provider Portal will allow you to securely manage your
CME applications and approved activities online
How to apply for CME Approval
- Go to RACS Provider
Portal (Log on with existing RACS profile OR "Create
- Contact email@example.com
with details of your organisation
- Complete the "New CME Application"
- Ensure all fields and appropriate documentation are
- Submit your application
Important information to note:
- Approval is valid for two years where content is static.
Activities with changing content are approved for that activity
- All activity dates must be included in the Portal - additional
activity dates can be added throughout the approval period.
- The provider must upload Fellow attendance
information within two weeks of the activity being completed.
Failure to upload attendance data may result in approval being
All applications will be reviewed by RACS to ensure activities
meet the required educational standards and criteria, and to verify
that the teaching methods, learning aims and outcomes, and
evaluation tools are educationally sound.
The Guide to CME Activities manual (PDF 216KB)
assists providers with planning activities and explains the
criteria required for approval.
CME Approval Administrator
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
College of Surgeons' Gardens
250-290 Spring Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9249 1282