The Find a Surgeon directory is a listing of Fellows of the
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) who meet the requirements of
the College's Continuing Professional Development program and have
opted to be on the list.
To Find a Surgeon accredited by the College please use the
search boxes in the left margin.
You can search Find a Surgeon by:
- or a combination of these
The Surgeons in the directory are listed using the Surgical
Specialty for which they were awarded Fellowship.
There are main specialties and, within these, specific areas of
specialty or practice. If you know which specialty you are after,
you can choose it from the list. Use the keyword search if you are
would like to search for Surgeons with a particular area of
practice. Some procedures may require Surgeons from more than
The Surgical Specialties are:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery (generally covers heart and
- General Surgery (generally covers the abdominal area, and
the organs contained there)
- Neurosurgery (generally covers the brain and spine)
- Paediatric Surgery (children)
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery (generally covers bones, and the
ligaments and tendons that connect them)
- Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (generally
covers ear, nose and throat)
- Urology (generally covers bladder, prostate and
- Vascular Surgery (generally covers blood vessels)
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology (no longer in use by RACS,
now used by RANZCOG)
- Ophthalmology (no longer in use by RACS, now used by RANZCO)
The results list the names, specialty and area of practice,
address and contact information for each Surgeon that fits your
search. Where available, website links are also provided.
You can be confident knowing that all of the Surgeons listed
have Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and
keep up to date with latest practices. To be listed, the Surgeons
must attend conferences, investigate new techniques,
keep up with reading, complete courses and other professional
development activities in each three year cycle. Some Surgeons,
even though they have completed these activities, choose not
to be listed on Find A Surgeon.
You will generally need a referral from your GP, or another
specialist, to make an appointment with a Surgeon and be
able to claim some of the consultation cost through Medicare.
Managing Find A Surgeon listings
Fellows can access information about
listing themselves (members only; login required) on Find
A Surgeon, including how to opt in, and how to make amends to the